Re: gdate integration

Jeff Garzik writes:
> Havoc Pennington wrote:
[...]
> > Re: Jeff's struct tm comment, I think one of the many reasons struct tm
> > sucks is the use of numbers starting with 0, especially for months... I've
> > provided g_date_to_struct_tm precisely so one doesn't have to think about
> > struct tm. You can go the other way with g_date_set_time().
>
> FWIW I agree 100%  The "year + 1900" thing always pissed me off.  :)
>
> But 'agreeing' with struct tm will make life easier in a lot of
> situations where GDate isn't used 100% of the time (ie. in legacy code,
> etc.)

Hello,

I am a newbie here. So I've been watching your threads for a moment
now.

I use to work on a "Year 2000 compliance" project. The way to do it is
to make the software rely on the ANSI implementation rightness,
i.e. use standard date management system. If you do not use these
structs + funcs, you do rely on the OS (in a marketing sense) on a
date point of view.

IMHO, should be better to use (at least internally) the struct tm &
its folks.

	A+.
		FX.

PS: I'd like to contribute to gtk+. Actually I have a number of ideas
concerning useful & nice widgets. Any advice ?

--
Cathy & Fix KOWALSKI             |                 Send $1000 Now !!!