Re: glib-tml-980819-0.patch

On Fri, 21 Aug 1998, Tor Lillqvist wrote:

> Maybe g_debug should even simply do ' *((int *)NULL) = 0 ' which will
> cause at least MS DevStudio, if installed, to offer debugging the
> program? (abort() just prints "Abnormal program termination" and
> stops)

lcc-win32 gives a stack trace down to the exact line if you compile
everything with -g4 (mixing modules might be possible with -g3, and will
show a function call trace without making use of the stack (?)).

Otherwise just referencing a NULL ptr from g_debug won't do much in the
GPF box, as the address listed will be for g_debug.

> (About the gmessage.c stuff, I'm not sure what's the Right Thing to do
> on Win32. Outputting the stuff to a console window as now (which will
> ignore redirections for a program started from a console window), or a
> MessageBox, or what?)

You might try using the standard C functions, printf fprintf etc. They
should all work using either CRTDLL.DLL (minimalist gnu-win32, lcc) or
MSVCRT??.DLL, and follow redirection correctly.

----
	Michael Smith, michael@csuite.ns.ca
	Technical Support, Central Region
	Nova Scotia Community Access Program