Re: Gtk port to Win32 "progress report"

On Tue, 18 Aug 1998, Tor Lillqvist wrote:

> Well, yes, but I think the current trend is to avoid .def files as
> much as possible? Keeping the list of exports in a .def file
> up-to-date would be a pain, wouldnn't it?

You mentioned writing a gawk or emacs script; the same thing could be used
here.

Personally I think it's cleaner than using #defines.

Actually, why is __declspec(import) needed at all? I've never used MSVC,
but with lcc-win32 et al you need only link to the import library and
everything is taken care of.

----
	Michael Smith, michael@csuite.ns.ca
	Technical Support, Central Region