Re: PROPOSAL: revise GLib message system

On Fri, 7 Aug 1998, Miguel de Icaza wrote:

> > i think it would be much nicer to get something like:
> >

> > > ** Gtk+-WARNING: unable to register exit function
> > >
> > > ** Gdk-WARNING: shmget failed!
>
> For this specific feature, I do think that this is just unnecesarry
> bloat.

the library prefix output on the warnings is merely a neat side effect.
the point stands that we need a decent logging system that supports different
implementation levels and should better be integrated with the usual assertment
statements that we use all over the place.
it is also neccessary that we can override the default message handler for the
different levels.
i'm not on a jihad about making occasional warning outputs more pretty. ;)

> Miguel.

---
ciaoTJ