Re: gtk-mailund-980804-0.patch.gz

Thomas Mailund Jensen <mailund@daimi.aau.dk> writes:

>  OT>  In that future scheme, it will make sense to have multiple
>  OT> identical properties on a single bit of text, though only one
>  OT> will apply at once, and only one would be specified per node. So
>  OT> the first scheme would just be, in some sense, a special case of
>  OT> that - with a completely flat tree, while the second scheme
>  OT> wouldn't really map onto a heirarchy at all.)
>
> So, in the future it will look something like:

>                                 <--h1------->
>
>         <--title prop.---><---body----------------->
>
>  < --- html property ------------------------------>
>
> where "closer to the text" means property takes precedence? That is,
> the [<h1>bar?</h1>] text property is h1 and not (or to lesser
> degree?) body or html.

Think rather:

But I'm not sure there will be a concept of tag type, so perhaps,
rather:

That is, the properties are node attributes, rather than node
types. This isn't exactly HTML-like ; but it fits into the general
framework of XML/SGML (actually, it's pretty similar to how style
sheets work in some ways), and I think is more natural for a Text
widget, and more backwards compatible.