RE: about themes

El jue, 04-03-2004 a las 18:37, pschultz escribió:
> Thanks,
>
> After I sent you that email, I found some themes at
> www.tetridome.com/download.htm . They've got lots for tetrinet and a few for
> gtetrinet. I'm not sure what the license is for those gtetrinet themes they've
> got posted, but I've made one myself at
> http://clubgeer.servebeer.com/~pschultz/files/edge.tar and you have my
> permission to make it available as a sample and a download to anyone that's at
> your site looking for a theme.

that's great !! let's see if we reopen the themes section of the web :D

> Finally, I would be interested in contributing to gtetrinet. Are you looking
> for a more elegant way of supporting themes, or do you just want users to be
> able to supply their theme.tnp from windows tetrinet?

well, we're looking for both things :) Right now we're using an old and
deprecated libgnome API to access window's .ini like files and we
obviously want to get rid of it. If you implement something more elegant
and more general (capable of loading more theme formats) then we'll make
you a statue :D

> Please let me know how I
> can get started with this group. I'm available for coding in just under two
> months but can get myself set up with the sourceforge CVS and start looking at
> what you've got sooner than that.

First thing to do is to subscribe to this mailing list¹ :) Once you've
done this, go to the gnome CVS server (we no longer use sourceforge cvs)
and download the gtetrinet source code (it's in the gtetrinet module)
Use the anonymous account, you'll find detailed instructions here².
You'll only need to checkout the code, and you're ready to hack.

You can also talk with us in #gtetrinet irc gnome org, but I'm not able
to be there as frequently as I wish. So, that's all !! Feel free to send
patches to this list, or to me, or file them as bugs in the bugzilla³.
If you need something else, just ask :D