[gnomemm] gtkmm + gconfmm how to change configure.ac?

I have a project that currently uses only gtkmm (2.2). I want it to
start using Gnome::Conf.

How do I modify my configure.ac file?

Following the advice on:
http://www.murrayc.com/learning/linux/using_libraries/using_libraries.shtml
Using C/C++ libraries with Automake and Autoconf

my configure.ac now has:

>PKG_CHECK_MODULES(DEPS, gtkmm-2.0 >= 2.2.8)
>
>#make this data visible in Makefile.am
>AC_SUBST(DEPS_CFLAGS)
>AC_SUBST(DEPS_LIBS)

Now
Using C/C++ libraries with Automake and Autoconf
says if I use gnomemm, I should have lines like this:

># GNOME--:
># (These macros are in the 'macros' directory,
># copied from the gnome-libs distribution.)
># GNOME_INIT sets the GNOME_CONFIG variable, among other things:
>GNOME_INIT
>GNOME_COMMON_INIT
>GNOME_COMPILE_WARNINGS
>
># GNOME-CONFIG script knows about gnomemm:
># ('gnome-config' is installed by GNOME)
># So call gnome-config with some arguments:
>GNOMEMM_CFLAGS=`$GNOME_CONFIG --cflags gnomemm`
>GNOMEMM_LIBS=`$GNOME_CONFIG --libs gnomemm`
>
>AC_SUBST(GNOMEMM_CFLAGS)
>AC_SUBST(GNOMEMM_LIBS)

Do the above lines replace or are in addition to the lines for gtkmm?
I have heard that gnomemm is now part of gtkmm, does that change anything?

I am confused.
Thank You.

--
Paul Elliott                       1(512)837-1096
pelliott io com                    PMB 181, 11900 Metric Blvd Suite J