Re: [gnomemm] automake error with glade--

I also experienced this problem, but I was at the time using Anjuta and it was doing it's initial makefile generation

The problem was that ABOUT-NLS and the directory intl were missing. The path of both was ./

Someone suggested turning off gettext support, and this helped, however I want gettext/translations etc.

Hopefully I get an answer here since anjuta-list couldn't answer me :(

Dan Pixley wrote:
I am getting the following error on running after building
with 'glade-- myproject': AM_GNU_GETTEXT used but `intl' not in SUBDIRS
**Error**: automake failed.

Does anyone have any ideas?

I have tried changing the AM_GNU_GETTEXT variable as instructed:
"Please use AM_GNU_GETTEXT([external]) in order to cause
autoconfiguration to look for an external libintl."

automake completes then, but running make does not compile the code. Here is the output of make in this case:

make  all-recursive
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/dan1/Projects/GnuMu/'
Making all in m4
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/dan1/Projects/GnuMu/'
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/dan1/Projects/GnuMu/'
Making all in po
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/dan1/Projects/GnuMu/'
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `/config.status', needed by
`Makefile'.  Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/dan1/Projects/GnuMu/'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/dan1/Projects/GnuMu/'
make: *** [all] Error 2

gnomemm-list mailing list
gnomemm-list gnome org

Kevin Francis