Re: [gnomemm] GnomeCanvas................

"Suresh  Kumar" <suresh_vsamy rediffmail com> writes:

>     When i read a document, i came to know that "GnomeCanvas" is
> contained in "GtkLayout". But when i searched gnome.h (I installed
> gtkmm,gtk+,windows2000) in my system, no such header file was found.

Don't you mean "inherits from"?

>      1. Is this means "GnomeCanvas" is not a part of Gtkmm ?

The Gnome Canvas is a library which provides a GTK+ widget and a bunch
of special "items" that this widget can contain. It supports automatic
redraws and stacking of items. It is very convenient for showing
custom graphical data, e.g. the drawing area of vector drawing
programs, or the grid in a spreadsheet, or the sample display in a
sound sample editor, or games.

>      2. Usually we use GtkWindow as a form where all other controls
> (like buttons,menus, etc) are placed. If GnomeCanvas is used as a
> container, how far it is better than GtkWindow?

So they don't compare. You put a canvas inside a window.

>      3. Is there any relationship between "GnomeCanvas" and
> "libgnomecanvas"?

Yep. libgnomecanvasmm in the gnomemm bundle is the C++ wrapper.