The version of GTKMM-2.0 as given by pkg-config is as follows:

     VERSION INFO FOR M/C 1
    # pkg-config gtkmm-2.0 --modversion
    #2.0.1

    # pkg-config gnomemm  --modversion
    # 1.2.3

    # pkg-config gtk  --modversion
    # 1.4.1.2

    # pkg-config glib  --modversion
    # 1.2.10

We want to distribute our application. To do so we are analyzing all the
required dependencies that need to be a part of our distributable package.
We undertook  the following exercise to do the same.

1 ) We copied the exe on to a  machine where GTKMM 2.0/GNOMEMM is installed.
    The application worked perfectly fine without any problems.

2) We copied the exe to another machine where GTKMM 2.0/GNOMEMM was NOT
INSTALLED,

    VERSION INFO FOR M/C 2
    # pkg-config gtk  --modversion
    # 1.4.1.2

    # pkg-config glib  --modversion
    # 1.2.10

    Initially when we tried to execute the application it gave errors saying
gtkmm dependency
    .so files missing.Hence, we COPIED the required SO's and SET the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH to that
    location and executed the application.
    In this case the application executed fine except for the following
observation,

                When we tried to find the memory usage of the application
using "gtop", we observed  that the memory (MEM)
                was double in comparison to that of the memory consumed by a
machine where GTKMM 2.0/GNOMEMM was installed,
                whereas the resident memory (Resident) is almost the same.

    We would like to know the following :
        1. What may be the possible reason for the additional memory
consumption?
             Is it related to the fact that GTKMM 2.0 was not pre-installed
on the second m/c?
             If yes ? what are the steps to be taken to rectify the same?
             Please comment.

        2. How do you distribute an application created using GTKMM 2.0 ?
            i.e. What components need to be included in a distributable
package?

    Hoping for a positive response !

Thanks and Regards,
Deepak