[gnomemm] accesing menu and toolbar widgets

Hi,

here is a spicy issue.  Judging from earlier mails on this list, this has
come up frequently without solution, but maybe I am missing something.

The problem is accessing the widgets of the menu and toolbar.  This is
frequently needed to make menu and toolbar items (in)sensitive.

I took the naive option of accessing the widgets in the info array.  This
worked (after create_menus) for the menubar, but not for the toolbar.  My
guess, from looking at the source code, is that this is because of internal
copies made for the info structures.  The internal copy apparently is
necessary.  However, the internal copy is not accessible with public
interfaces.

Unfortunately, I can not even suggest to copy the widget pointers from the
internal object to the user provided object, as the reference is const.
So, an interface change or at least extension is absolutely necessary.
A simple accessor function to the internal object would be a minimal
workaround.

Are there any existing plans on that issue?  Or can you suggest a way to
avoid the internal copy.

Thanks,
Marcus

--