[gnomemm] foocanvasmm

Hi,

So, yesterday I went on and with minimal work created a copy of
libgnomecanvasmm that uses foocanvas. It's not finished yet since I
prioritized the bits taht I actually use in Guikachu, so there are a
couple of missing canvas items.

So, the question is, what should I do with it? First of all, before it
hits any CVS repository, we should come up with a name/namespace.

1. foocanvasmm vs. libfoocanvasmm
I think appending 'lib' in front of every wrapper library is redundant. It
makes sense in the libbonobomm case since libbonobo is the name of the
specific implementation of Bonobo (actually it was a dumb idea to name the
interfaces/spec/system and the C implementation the same to begin with,
but that has nothing to do with us). Also, since 'gnomemm' is the umbrella
name of the project, we need libgnomemm for the wrapper of what's in
libgnome. But in the case of foocanvas, I think 'foocanvasmm' is enough.

2. The namespace
Gnome::FooCanvas would be the obvious answer, however, since the canvas
widget itself is called FooCanvas, this doesn't really fly (a conflict
between namespace Gnome::FooCanvas and type FooCanvas, when inside
Gnome::FooCanvas). I went with Gnome::FCanvas but obviously this is
sub-optimal.

--
   .--= ULLA! =---------------------.   `We are not here to give users what
   \     http://cactus.rulez.org     \   they want'  -- RMS, at GUADEC 2001