Re: [gnomemm] libbonobomm 1.3.6 tarball issue

Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:

While building new libbonobomm 1.3.6 I faced a problem that files included in release tarball probably bad.

We really should not be shipping the generated files.

Agreed but actually they were included all the time. I checked 1.3.5 and 1.3.6 tarballs from SourceForge. I think this because default DISTFILES cantains all generated sources and headers.

All the best,
Alexander.

In bonobomm/generated/Bonobo-cpp-common.{h,cc} I can see this
       void Bonobo::Canvas::Component::realize (char const *drawable)
{

       ::_orbitcpp::CEnvironment _ev;
Bonobo_Canvas_Component_realize (_orbitcpp_cobj (), drawable, _ev._orbitcpp_cobj ());
       _ev.propagate_sysex ();
               if (_ev->_major == ::CORBA_USER_EXCEPTION)
       {
               throw CORBA::UnknownUserException();
       }

}

The type of realize() argument must be ::Bonobo::Canvas::window_id. gmake clean prior to build fixes the problem.

I'm not sure what that means. Does anybody else have this problem?

Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net
www.murrayc.com