Re: [gnomemm] (no subject)

Yes, this is what I meant. I'm sorry for not being accurate in my description of the problem! All I need is the order that the packages need to be built and I'll build and install each package myself. I'm just not sure which needs to be first, etc. Thanks again for your help.

On 2003.04.14 17:43 Michael Tindal wrote:
On Mon, 2003-04-14 at 02:52, Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:
> > From: Cletus Lichte [mailto:lichte ctcis net]
> > Ok, I've got ORBit-cpp installed and that part of configure
> > works now.
> > The problem is that when I try to configure all the packages from
the
> > top level, everything crashes if I don't have that package already

> > installed on my system!
>
> What crashes? What package?

I think what he is referring to is not a crash, but if you run
configure
in the top directory after unpacking the gnomemm-all tarball, it wont
build because it tries to configure each package then, and since some
packages depend on other packages, it will fail because theyre not
installed.  Does that make any sense?

Like how libbonobuimm depends on libbonobomm,
gnomemm-all will try to configure libbonobuimm, which will fail,
since libbonobomm is not installed yet.

The only solution I can see is a nasty hack involving prefix's, and I
think thats surely less than optimal.  Perhaps someone else can
provide
a better solution.

> Murray Cumming

Mike