[gnomemm] How to save window size and position?

Hi,

What is the best way to save the size and position of my application window? I'm using Gtkmm 2.0 and Gnomeuimm 2.0 from Debian unstable. The documentation for Gtk::Window::get_position(...) says, "The Correct Mechanism is to support the session management protocol (see the "GnomeClient" object in the GNOME libraries for example) and allow the window manager to save your window sizes and positions."

But from what I've been told, Metacity does not save window sizes and positions. So what is correct? Is there sample code somewhere?

Thanks,
Moses McKnight