[gnomemm] Query

Hello,
We have some queries and looking for your valuable guidence

1)
We have installed gtkmm-2.0. We are also trying to install gnomemm-1.2.3
but could not do it because of the following error:
"checking if Libsigc++ sane... no
configure: error: Libsigc++ is required to compile Gnome--. "

We have installed Libsigc++-1.0.3 as well as Libsigc++-1.2.2. Still the
problem persists. Would you please guide us in completing the
installation for the same?

2)
We are trying to create a complex user interface with functionalities as
available in any windows based graphical programs such as Photoshop,
Microgafix Picture Publisher. These applications require lots of user
friendliness and advance control support for ease of operations. We are
keen to know the best suggested version of glade/glademm version that
works efficiently with gtkmm-2.0?

Eager for the reply
Thanks in anticipation