[gnomemm] simple bug/feature; make what you want of it

I've found what I think to be a bug, but being unable to get any help
whatsoever from people I have talked to, I'm throwing it here; make what
you want of it. My feeling is that this is such a blatently obvious
obvious problem that it's not a bug at all but rather a limitation of
gnomecanvasmm, and I really don't have the time to create yet another
bugzilla account, and it was quite hard to find in the first place.

bug 1:

Classes can not be inherited from, like so:

class my_ellipse : public Gnome::Canvas::Ellipse {
    int a_member; // need a member to change the size

bug 2:

Classes can not be contained in a class like so:

class some_class {
    Gnome::Canvas::Ellipse an_ellipse;

Doing either of these things results in a segfault. I haven't gone
through a lot of trouble filing this bug report propperly because I'm
very short on time and I have a hunch I'll be told "it's not a bug, it's
a feature ;)" anyway. If this really is some really weird bug and
there's some interest in fixing it, I'm quite willing to help as much as
possible, but I'm not going to waste a lot of time on something that
won't be fixed, thanks for understanding. I'm not on the list, btw, so
please send me a CC of any replies.