[GnomeMeeting-list] Engin account

> Le mardi 09 mai 2006 à 20:05 +1000, Don Malcolm a écrit :
> > I have successfully installed Ekiga, and successfully setup and tested
> > an Ekiga account.
> >
> > When attempting to setup my Engin account, I get the message:
> > Registration failed.
> >
> > Engin provides a free account that can be used for testing at
> > https://www.engin.com.au/public/freephone.htm .
> >
> > The proxy server is voice.mibroadband.com.au .
> >

> Are you sure of that?
>
> I always get "timeout" when trying to register to that proxy.
> --
>  _      Damien Sandras

Sorry about not replying to the thread; I have now turned off digest mode.

I have been using my Engin account on Windows for over six months. I
have removed Windows and replaced it with Linux. I am keen to get Ekiga
working, as I don't have a working softphone at the moment. When on
Windows, I took a look at the settings. It had the proxy as
voice.mibroadband.com.au. Now, while I do have some technical ability
in general, I am a newbie at VOIP. Engin has a business relationship
with www.xten.com. Xten provides their softphone. The softphone is
prepackaged being configured for the Engin service.

Could there be something else required before connecting to the proxy?
Maybe that URL is not the proxy? I'm not sure. I just noted what I saw
when on Windows.

Their faq page is http://www.engin.com.au/public/tFAQ.asp#c8

I can send you copies of their softphone binaries for Windows and Mac.
The binaries are freely available at
https://www.engin.com.au/public/freephone.htm after completing the
registration process.

Don.