[GnomeMeeting-list] Sound choppy with USB headset

Hey all,

        It seems that this problem has occured to other people during
        the past month, and that no solution has yet been found.
        Basically, when I use my USB headset with Ekiga I hear the sound
        very very very choppy.

        It's fine wth my soundcard, and it's fine with every other
        application that uses the USB headset. Only once connected on
        Ekiga do I hear the choppy sound (in other words, the ringing
        beeps are fine).

        Other VOIP apps such as gizmo and x-lite do NOT experience this
        problem, so the problem isn't with network speed or CPU overload
        (Gizmo overloads the CPU all by itself in the Linux
        version ;)  ). These apps use OSS though, not ALSA.

        I have played around with echo cancellation, the jitter buffer,
        etc,
        still no go. Jitter buffer seems to have a bit of an effect, but
        there's thousands of possibilities and I can't realistically
        test them all.

        Has a solution been found since the beginning of the month, or
        what steps can I take to troubleshoot this? Is the problem
        within ALSA, ekiga, the codecs, ???

        I'm running Arch Linux (current) with gnome 2.14, ekiga cvs
        compiled 2 days ago (same problem though with ekiga 2.0.1)

        thanks in advance,
        Patrix.