RE: [GnomeMeeting-list] Difference between VoIP tehnologyand providers phone services

They are probably using some ATA, like the Sipura mentioned earlier. These
are actually small computers, which connect to the internet on one side and
using SIP for signalling, and provide one or several port for normal analog
telephones on the other side. Instead of using one of these boxes and analog
phones, you can use your normal computer and start a SIP softphone, e.g.
ekiga on it.

Lurchi