Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Connecting to Netmeeting ILS servers (why not an FAQ?)

On 3/25/06, Grand Danois <grand_danois hotmail co uk> wrote:
> I would simply like to connect to an ILS server used normally with
> netmeeting (e.g. ils.netmeeting.de) but I just get hourglass. I don't know
> what to put into the fields in the new address book dialogue. I would like
> to see registered users and it would be nice to be able to register and be
> visible.
>
> I can connect to the ekiga white pages (i.e. I get a user list) and I get
> sound back from the test SIP address, so something must be working right. I
> run ekiga 2.0.1 on Mandriva Linux 2006 with Guarddog configured iptables
> firewall set up to allow netmeeting H323, Ekiga configuration tells me I'm
> not using NAT (didn't think so) and that everything should be OK.
>
> If I read the mailing list archives right, there used to parts of section 6
> of the FAQ dealing with netmeeting ILS directories, but since I don't have
> access to that FAQ, I'm a bit lost. IO can't view the Help page (KDE messing
> me up?), but had a look through the XML source and didn't find anything. So,
> Yes, I had a go at reading the FAQ ;-) ;-) ;-)

I tried to register at ils.seconix.com but did not succeed.  When I
asked for help, somebody on the #ekiga IRC channel told me that the
code for registering and searching ILS directories was disabled in
version 2.0.

So my conclusion is we are out of luck unless we go back to version 1.2.2.

David