Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] cc1plus: out of memory allocating

Hi,
 the general view is around 256 megs of ram is required.

512 megs is ideal for the opt version.

You should be able to compile the debug version with less than 128 meg of
ram. The opt version requires more ram..

=================
Prior to gcc2.96.2 (about there)
 you could compile openh323 on a box with 64 meg ram. Then the compiler
changed, and 256 megs was required.

It was an unfortunate change, cause the executable size grew also. This
had the downstream effect that the embedded world (ADSL boxes etc) were
reluctant to install openh323 to get h.323 connection tracking.

Which meant it was another couple of years before h.323 connection
tracking became "standard" in those ADSL boxes.

Which meant that a VFAQ (very frequently asked question) was
   "how can I make the executable smaller in size"?

Derek.