Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] First impressions of ekiga

Let me answer to this.

Le mardi 14 mars 2006 à 01:05 +0000, Chris Rankin a écrit :
> I have now installed ekiga, with siproxd on my NAT router as an outgoing proxy.
>
> First impressions are OK, although ekiga does seem unwilling to abort making a new connection when
> told to. I had forgotten to disable NAT when I switched to using siproxd, which meant that ekiga
> was trying in vain to create a new connection. However, it proved very difficult to tell ekiga to
> hang up - basically, it ignored the "hang-up" button.

That must be a bug. I have 2 questions :
- Can you tell me how to reproduce the problem? (I have sipproxd)
- Does it work if you wait long enough? (could be a too long timeout)

> The video picture also seems to be stuck on the "small" resolution, which is unfortunate for
> Firewire camera owners since "small" Firewire pictures still have a purle tinge to them. (As they
> did under GnomeMeeting.)

Yes, it is stuck on small. We could add large back for 2.2.

> The echo test is working OK, except that the picture seems to break much more easily than it did
> under GnomeMeeting. Worse, I get green squares flickering at random whenever I channel the stream
> through siproxd, so I'm guessing that siproxd is corrupting a few of the video packets. Audio
> seems OK, although maybe that's more due the statistics of the packet corruption than anything
> else.

That's a sipproxd bug with video. Nothing I can do about!