[GnomeMeeting-list] Howto Install avahi to Fedora Core 4

Hi, all

It is FC4(install everything), and I would like install ekiga to it. download PWLIB, OPAL, EKIGA .tar.gz files from www.ekigo.org .And I updated my GCC to 4.0.2-8, and fix the libstdc++.so.6(GLIBCXX_3.4.6) error with configture. And I install PWLIB and OPAL is OK.

There are errors:
# ./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc
checking for gawk... gawk

checking whether the DBUS component should be compiled in... no
checking whether Avahi support must be compiled in... yes
checking for AVAHI... Package avahi-client was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `avahi-client.pc'
No package 'avahi-client' found
configure: error: Package requirements (avahi-client >= 0.6 avahi-glib >= 0.6) were not met:

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables AVAHI_CFLAGS
and AVAHI_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

I download the avahi-0.6.9.tar.gz, but more errors with configure. How to install avahi to FC4?

rgd

PLR