Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Ekiga 2.00 released!

Damien Sandras wrote:
> See http://www.ekiga.org.
>
> Thanks to all for your support!!!!
Congratulations!

Now that we have a release, I feel it is time to start building "packages" for Gentoo.
("packages", because the ebuild used in Gentoo is just an automated compile script)

But, do you have a stable scheme for the download URIs this time?

Because
http://www.gnomemeeting.org/admin/downloads/latest/sources/sources/ekiga-2.0.0.tar.gz
may sound great now, but how will it look after a month or so when it is not latest?

And the "admin" part is a bit unusual too.

"sources/sources/" is OK too, as long as it doesn't change.

So my questions are:

What is a permanent URI scheme for fetching the sources?

Something like, ekiga-2.0.0 goes with opal-2.0.0 and pwlib-1.10.0 and they are available
at least N months after the release at:
http://www.gnomemeeting.org/downloads/sources/ekiga/ekiga-2.0.0.tar.gz
http://www.gnomemeeting.org/downloads/sources/pwlib/ekiga-1.10.0.tar.gz
(the above is just an example)

Having "the latest", stable, daily-snapshot, etc. sources is always a plus, but not
the main part.

How much do you think can N above be (the longer the better)?

Having PHP all around the site might be cool, but direct links are always preferable
(like it seems to be now).
Allowing directory listings from some level (say http://www.gnomemeeting.org/downloads/sources
and below) will be generally a good thing
(now anything apart from the direct links is 401).

I guess nobody will object consistency and other distribution maintainers will like it for sure.

Kalin.
--
+-> http://ThinRope.net/ <-+