Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] newby question. Problem behind a NAT

Jimmy Jazz wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I felt myself  in that problem as you are, and believe me it has less
> to do with STUN or whatever NAT config you have and more about your
> sound configuration.
>
> [...]

> Hope that help
>
> Jj

Hi Jj,

thank you for your detaild answer, but I don't think it's a sound
problem. I can comunicate perfectly well between my notebook and my
desktop, both of them behind my firewall, and if it would be a sound
problem, at least I should have the video transmitted, shouldn't I?

As I didn't get any further on the weekend, I compiled ekiga and calling
500 ekiga net worked all right. I will have to install it on my brothers
computer and look if I have more look. At least I can use the
sip-protocoll, wich seems to be easyer to set up.

BTW. Has anybody any experience with skype? I run some tests and wasn't
very pleased on what I got. The sound quality was poor and only got
something like one picture per minute as video. I really hope that I
will get better results with ekiga.

Best regards.

Andreas