[GnomeMeeting-list] echo problems with pc to phone calls

i use "pc to phone" of ekiga (diamondcard). when i call somebody on a
landline he complains about a strange echo of my voice. has anybody "pc
to phone" experiences without echoing? has anybody hints how i could
avoid echoing?

my configuation:
i can see the following codecs in my configuation:
SPEEX,iLBC,GSM,MS-GSM,SPEEX,PCMU,PCMA (in this order).
automatically adjust jitter buffer between 20 and 155 ms
enable silence detection on
enable echo cancelation on
i am using Ekiga 1.99.1-20060302-02.

thanks in advance for any hint.