[GnomeMeeting-list] Re: GnomeMeeting-list Digest, Vol 23, Issue 3

> Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 10:00:52 +0100
> From: Julien PUYDT <jpuydt free fr> > Subject: Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Firewire 1394 DV source for video conferencing > > Hawkeye I. King wrote: > > > I'm having no luck with DV video on Ekiga, and I'm hoping someone can
> > help me.
> > seem to use a dv1394 source.  Anyone know how to use raw DV with V4L or
> > AVC1394 (or whatever!) as a source for Ekiga?
> > stream analog video from a surgical camera (endoscope).
> > Use the AVC plugin for pwlib, and it should work. >
Thanks for the suggestion, but it doesn't seem to be working.

I believe the AVC plugin is installed, since I have the file
/usr/lib64/pwlib/devices/videoinput/avc_pwplugin.so. Also, I see the 1394AVC
option under preferences ->  video devices. However, it just says "No device
found" under input devices.

I'm using Ekiga version 1.99.1, and pwlib version 1.9.3-1. Both installed fro binaries (rpms)

Any thoughts?

Does kino work with it ?

I haven't tried Kino, but ffmpeg does work. I can capture to disk and play in real-time.

Hawkeye