Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Re: Nat traversal

On Monday 23 January 2006 08:30, Damien Sandras wrote:

> To be honest, I don't understand what the problem is. That is something
> I never have encountered before, except when port forwarding is not
> correctly done, or except when there is a local firewall.
>
> I'm sorry, but I have nothing to suggest you :(
>
> As all ports are forwarded, and as you are sure of that, you can also
> stop using STUN, and use IP Translation. IP Translation only works if
> all ports are forwarded, and if they are, and if STUN is wrong, then you
> are sure all calls will work.
>
> I will add something to the FAQ for that.

Thank you for your patience.

I have almost succeeded in getting things working.  My son was able to call me
using Pulver Communicator on my FWD account.  He was able to receive sound
and video.  I was only able to receive sound, but audio quality was
excellent.

When I called him, the audio quality deteriorated considerable but we were
both able to have audio and video.  So I'm getting closer but Pulver
Communicator locks up frequently so that's not really a solution.  The world
really needs the Windows version of Ekiga since as far as I know Ekiga is the
only VOIP program which is not tied to a specific service and which allows
the user to select his own account(s).

So once again, congratulations on an excellent program and please, please,
please release the Windows version as soon as possible.  I'll be more than
happy to be a pre-pre-Alpha tester.

Allan