Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Ports to open

On Sunday 15 January 2006 19:48, Allan wrote:
> I have just installed a wireless modem and am now sitting behind its
> firewall. The configuration druid indicates that I'm behind a symmetric
> NAT.  I have therefore configured the firewall to forward the ports listed
> in the FAQ to this machine as well as port 5060.  Despite that I find that
> incoming calls are not being forwarded.    Am I missing something?

Further information on this problem.  FreeWorldDialup has a call me feature
for registered users that can be accessed by logging on to their site with a
browser.  I just dropped into Windows to test this and found that the feature
worked at least partially.  I could receive an audio call but it appeared
that my audio was not getting out.

I then went back into Linux and tried again using twinkle.  After I forwarded
the RTP port used by twinkle (8000)  to this machine, I was able to receive
the incoming call.

My conclusion is that there is something wrong with the way GM is detecting my
NAT as no other changes were made to the firewall.

By the way, WOW, I also discovered that GM is now supporting video echoing.
WELL DONE.  It looks as though you're on the verge of releasing the premier
program for VOIP.

Allan

Apologies.  I'll get used to the new name eventually.