Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] JACK Support

Am Montag, 20. Februar 2006 07:12 schrieb Esben Stien:
> Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com> writes:
> > Not soon
>
> I am now using oss2jack, which works great with asterisk, iaxcomm,
> kphone and anything else I've thrown at it, but ekiga does not even
> see it.
>
> crw-rw----  1 root audio 252, 0 2006-02-19 21:14 /dev/dsp5

Here lies the problem - PSoundChannelOSS::CollectSoundDevices(...) assumes the
device has a major number of 14 or 145, which is not the case here. It is
called by PSoundChannelOSS::GetDeviceNames(...), which has the following
statement:
------
// First locate sound cards. On Linux with devfs and on the other platforms
  // (eg FreeBSD), we search for filenames with dspN or mixerN.
  // On linux without devfs we scan all of the devices and look for ones
  // with major device numbers corresponding to OSS compatible drivers.
------

So you have either change pwlib to always get the device listing by names or
change oss2jack to use a major number of 14/145

Greetings,

Stefan

--
Stefan Brüns  /  Kastanienweg 6 - Zimmer 1206  /  52074 Aachen
mailto:lurch gmx li  http://www.kawo1.rwth-aachen.de/~lurchi/