Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Ekiga SIP and Windows Messenger
- From: Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com>
- To: GnomeMeeting mailing list <gnomemeeting-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Ekiga SIP and Windows Messenger
- Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 23:09:52 +0100
Le dimanche 19 février 2006 à 15:08 -0600, Neil Best a écrit :
> Hi, Damien and everyone on the list. I have installed the Ekiga Beta 2
> from the Ubuntu repository and have everything working on my system,
> 501 ekiga net test and everything. The Ekiga.org web site give a
> tantalizing indication that I can connect to a Windows Messenger user --
> Is this still true, even with the .NET/Passport login in the latest
> version? Can you give an example of the necessary settings? I gave it
> a shot with my XP laptop, but between Messenger settings and router
> ports there were too many variables and I couldn't wrap my brain around
> it. Thanks for this exciting application!
It should work with Windows Messenger, not MSN Messenger, which is
Here is a short howto:
1.) Pull down Tools/Options/Accounts
2. ) Check My contacts include users of a communications Service.
3. ) click advanced
4. ) Check Configure settings
5. ) fill in the address/name of ekiga.net: ekiga.net
6. )Check Protocol UDP. Click OK.
7. ) In sign-in name put <account>@ekiga.net.
8. ) Click O.K.
To make outgoing calls:
1. ) click the bubble arrow (I want to...) that points up at the
bottom of your contact window.
2. )click Start a Voice Conversation
3. )click other
4. )In the <enter e-mail address> field put the ekiga.net contact
you wish to call.
5. )Change the �Service:� Communications Service.
6. )click ok
_ Damien Sandras
//\ Ekiga Softphone: http://www.ekiga.org/
v_/_ FOSDEM 2006 : http://www.fosdem.org/
SIP Phone : sip:dsandras ekiga net
sip:600000 ekiga net
] [Thread Prev