[GnomeMeeting-list] How can gnome meeting hear my camera

Gnomemeeting appears to be the only program on the planet which can
hear the the microphone of my web cam. Great, but I need other
programs to be able to see my camera as well. Gnomemeeting sees the
audio input as "USB camera".

Why can gnomemeeting get audio from my camera, but no others? How
would i get my audio to come through to, /dev/dsp for example?

my camera works through video4linux and with the ov51x-jpeg-0.5 driver.

Thank's a ton!