Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Problem with canon MV850i on fedora 5 and ekiga

I'm trying to get my sony dv camera to work with ekiga + FC5 (which was wonderfully OK with gnome-meeting + FC3), I'm getting the same symptoms describeded earlier in this thread.
I tried to play around with 1394 modules as described below, but no success.
Can u tell me with which versions of libdv etc you succeded and your setup pls ?
Worst case, can someone point me a high image quality webcam working with ekiga, disregarding the price ? regular webcam images just sux and what I need is the best image quality for a research project...

Sinan
Yann Algayon a écrit :
eth1394 is compiled as a module and this module isn't loaded.
Can it make crash ekiga anyway?
do you think recompiling the kernel without this module could change
something?

Hmmm... I did some tests (finally) :
1) it didn't crash (yet ? ;-) ) ;
2) the colors were awful (obviously a permutation of RGB occurred somewhere ;-) ) ;
3) I had to remove all 1394 modules from my kernel and put back ohci1394 and raw1394 to make use of it regularly : visibly there is a high instability of those drivers :-(

I would rate the experience as "not as negative as I feared".

Snark on #ekiga

--
D.Sinan HALIYO

Laboratoire de Robotique de Paris
Université Pierre et Marie Curie - Paris 6

Tel:  +33.1.46.54.77.17
Fax:  +33.1.46.54.72.99