[GnomeMeeting-list] Re: Microphones that work with Linux/Ekiga

Tim Edwards wrote:

> Does anyone have any suggestions for good microphones/earpieces that work
> with Ekiga? At the moment I'm using the inbuilt microphone in my laptop,
> but it isn't very good so I'm looking for something basic but with
> reasonable quality. Even if some people could reply with what they use the
> info would be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>
> Tim
Hi Tim,
AFAIK they all work. I went to an appliance shop that sells everything from
refrigerators to DVD+rw's. They had a selection of headsets and I picked
the cheapest (around 7?). You plug the pink (mic) jack into the pink hole
on your computer and the green jack (speakers) into the green hole and
you're all set up. Just make sure your mixer is allowing capture, etc.
Cheers,
Jonathan