[GnomeMeeting-list] Conference's

        Hello all,

 I don't know if this is the right list, but since for me, as a user it
concerns gnomemeeting/ekiga, I'll try my luck here first.

 First off, I love ekiga, well SIP I suppose ; )

 Anyway, figuring out how this whole SIP thing works (it's quite
confusing) i set up some accounts all over to test it, little did I know
you don't even need an account, you can just connect to IP addresses.

 Anyhow, I've been using SIP very happily for a while, the sound quality
with the speex codec is awesome. As an former Skype user however, I'm
wondering about conference calls though. I know there's a 500 number that
you can call (in the ekiga.net) but how does that work? (technically too)
I mean, what If I want to talk to my mom and dad, both using ekiga in one
conference, with skype you could just invite the 3 to an ongoing
confersation and you'd know for sure nobody else would sneak in and
listen. I haven't found such a feature in ekiga yet, at all. Or the 500
room, is it a room for all ekiga.net members? If so, would I have to get
my own proxy/conference server to make sure nobody can 'just get in'? Or
what about password protected room even? How would all that btw work with
video?

 thanks,

 oliver