Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Avahi Howto?

Damien Sandras wrote:
: There is nothing we can do about that.
: The VoIP URL published by Gizmo is the local IP + local port, so that
: you can call the user "locally". The Name published by GIZMO is the
: public SIP URL, which is wrong and typical of GIZMO. Ekiga publishes
: your real name, as you can see.

	Understood. As I think about it, there is no "public SIP URL"
per se - I, for example, have multiple SIP and H323 accounts activated,
so a "public SIP URL" does not make sense.
:
: We can not add specific behaviors from specific software to the "Add
: contact" menu.
:
	Of course.

: Notice also that if the user is reachable through the "Contacts Near Me"
: address book section using the local IP, he is not necessarily reachable
: using <nickname>@proxy01.sipphone.com:5060 from inside your LAN. If
: GIZMO registers his public IP and public port obtained from STUN to
: proxy01.sipphone.com, it is very possible that your NAT router doesn't
: redirect packets coming from the inside and going to the public
: port/public interface, to the internal destination.

	OK, thanks for the explanation.

-Yenya

--
| Jan "Yenya" Kasprzak  <kas at {fi.muni.cz - work | yenya.net - private}> |
| GPG: ID 1024/D3498839      Fingerprint 0D99A7FB206605D7 8B35FCDE05B18A5E |