RE: [GnomeMeeting-list] Any plans for application sharing/whiteboarding?

> Are there any plans to implement application sharing/whiteboarding in
> any future releases?
>
> Thanks, Ryan

Since version 0.43 of inkscape it is possible to use it for whiteboarding
over a jabber conference server. As there was a discussion for using xmpp
for chat over sip some time ago on the ekiga-devel ml, it may become
possible to use ekiga as a transport for the whiteboard signaling at some
time in future, but as far as I know, there is no development in this area
at the moment.

For application sharing, you can use vnc. Under KDE it is really easy to do
it, just start the "Desktop Sharing" application. As it is more or less a
frontend for command line tools, it should be no problem to do it under
GNOME - I don?t know if they have any frontend for it.

Greetings,

Stefan