[GnomeMeeting-list] How to get a user account?

Hello,

I've read all of the GnomeMeeting documentation, both the FAQs and the manual. And I can't find the answer to what is probably the most basic question after "what is voice over IP?" (which isn't in the documentation etiher).

I imagine that to use GnomeMeeting I must get some user account from somewhere. There has to be some method for my friend to identify my computer. The manual has examples like "h323:jonita gateway seconix com" but it says nothing about how to actually get an "h323" URL.

There must be some service, whether associated with GnomeMeeting or not, that I sign up for to register a name and get a URL.

Right now I feel so lost I'm having trouble even formulating my question. I hope that someone can explain how I can get started with GnomeMeeting.

Thank you for your help.

Daniel.