[GnomeMeeting-list] Peculiar sound behaviour

I recently had a bad crash and had to reinstall just about everything.  In so
doing I noticed something peculiar about GM.  SUSE apparently does not
recognise the microphone in my webcamera automatically.  Before noticing
this, I installed GM, ran the configuration wizard, selecting the USB
microphone from my camera, and ran the audio test successfully.

Yet when I tried to conduct an audio test on h323 voxgratia org nothing would
be recorded and played back.  (I find voxgratia to be somewhat flaky, so I
can't swear that the problem does not lie there).  After some digging around,
I noticed that proc/asound only reported 1 sound card.  After installing the
second sound card (webcam) manually I found that I could now record and play
back from voxgratia.  I'm curious to know why the wizard would recognise my
microphone while GM itself doesn't appear to.

Allan