Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Integrating GM into another application -www.plutohome.org

----- Original Message ----- From: "Julien PUYDT" <jpuydt free fr>
Sent: Sunday, October 30, 2005 11:32 AM
Subject: Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Integrating GM into another application -www.plutohome.org

jean-michel a écrit :
Le samedi 29 octobre 2005 à 11:15 +0200, Robert Rozman a écrit :
that will be pretty difficult

Embedding, yes. Cooperating with : definitely no. It is really very easy to use dbus.

Hi,

thanks for info. Pardon me, I'm newbie (so I'm probably missing something), but AFAIK (and could be easily wrong) dbus consists of certain messages that control certain features of certain applications that support it. And I guess that before controlling some app, you probably have to know what messages will fire what events, etc....

If I take DBUS command line utility to send dbus messages to GM, what to send to GM or where can I find more info about what to send on dbus to GM ?

If anyone have few minutes to spare, I'd kindly ask for example lines that will get me going...

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Rob.

i have already a lot of difficulties to install GM with mandriva
that becomes a hudge application using a lot of new libraries
on each new realeases

It doesn't use a lot of new libraries. As far as I know, from a base gnome desktop, you only need to add pwlib+openh323 for 1.2.2, and pwlib+opal for the future 2.0. Which doesn't look like "a lot new libraries".

I think the best way to continue GM will be to give up the H323
protocol and the ILS registering but may be my knowledge is not sufficient

ILS registering is gonna go out, yes : it is unsupported code and requires too much work from the server.

Opal gives SIP & H.323 ; it would be stupid to take only SIP and not H.323 !

GM's future will be best decided by those who code on it...

Snark