Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] memory leak?

Le lundi 24 octobre 2005 à 08:10 +0200, Julien PUYDT a écrit :
> Yoriaki FUJIMORI a écrit :
> > I am running gm 1.2 on opensuse10.0, both i386 and amd64 platforms.
> > I usually run gm 24hours to recieve incoming calls from family
> > members.  I noticed that gm tends to occupy large amount of
> > memory on both platforms in comparison to older version of gm.
> > What is worse still, the sizes of the virtual size and thereal
> > size in the `top' window increase as time goes on.  After running
> > gm for a week or so, I found that virtual memory used by gm was
> > over 1gb, and the box suffered from heavy slashing.
> > Is this normal, or a sort of memory leak?
>
> Definitely a memory leak.
>
> Are we talking about 1.2.2, which is the last stable version ?
>
> Snark on #gnomememeeting

Notice that :
- top is not a good tool to see if a program is leaking
- the leak could also be due to a camera problem, or to a GTK theme
- it could also be a library leak
- but it can ALSO be a GnomeMeeting leak

Is it possible for you to switch to the 2.00 BETA and see if the problem
is the same?

Thank you,