Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Re: SIP enabled version

On Sunday 26 June 2005 03:34, Jan Schiefer wrote:
> Allan schrieb:
> > Can anyone tell me how soon a SIP enabled version of GM will be
> > available. For some reason the CVS version won't compile on my system.
>
> 1)
> Our current version has fully implemented audio support, for both SIP
> and H323. Were using a new core library, that's also under heavy
> development: OPAL Instead of OpenH323.
>
> Implementing video support into OPAL will be a very big piece of work.
> Gnomemeeting NG and OPAL also have some bugs and some features missing (
> but not as big ones as the video support ).
>
> Maybe Gnomemeeting NG will be ready sometime in autumn.

I was hoping it might be sooner, but I can wait.  It's really the video
support that interests me.

> 2)
> Why won't the CVS version of Gnomemeeting-OPAL compile?

Three reasons.  I'm using SUSE with all its ideosyncrasies.  My system is KDE
not Gnome based.  The CVS versions use autogen instead of configure and at my
age I have too few years left to want to spend very much time figuring out
the intricacies of autogen.  I simply want to get on with finding an
appropriate way of doing audio/video conferencing between windows (bad word I
know, so don't jump all over me) and linux so I can watch my grandchildren
grow up.  Maybe I'll solve the problem next weekend when I visit their
parents and succeed in getting Myphone running behind firewalls on their home
networks.

Thanks for the quick reply,

Allan