Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] How to run self-testing of Gnomemeeting

Hi Julien,

Further to my late posting, I discovered the trick.  I
must run the commands on Konsole as 'user' not as
'root' nor 'super root'.

Steps performed as follows;

$ /usr/bin/artsshell status
server status: running, autosuspend disabled
real-time status: not real-time
server buffer time: 69.6599 ms
buffer size multiplier: 1
minimum stream buffer time: 69.6599 ms
auto suspend time: 0 s
audio method: alsa
sampling rate: 44100
channels: 2
sample size: 16 bits
duplex: full
device: default
fragments: 3
fragment size: 4096

$ /usr/bin/artsshell suspend
sound server suspended

Gnomemeeting is now working as 'user' connecting to
'h323.voxgratia.org' for seft-testing.

One thing I could not resolve;

$ ls -al /usr/bin/artsshell
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root 64584 Oct 13  2004
/usr/bin/artsshell

Why 'user' can run this command and 'root' is not
allowed.

However 'KMid' is still not working as before with
warning popup;
Could not open /dev/sequencer.
Probably there is another program using it.

'timidity++' is working normally without being
affected.

B.R.
Stephen