Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] How to run self-testing of Gnomemeeting

Am Dienstag, 21. Juni 2005 13:21 schrieb Stephen Liu:
> Hi Julien,
>
> > Your audio setup is not in a usable state. Try to
> > find which program
> > claims the device, if you have the permissions,
> > etc...
>
> Performed following steps without result;
[...]

No need to change the device permissions, they are set to the right ones for a
local user on login.

> Finally I found;
>
> # which artsd
> /usr/bin/artsd
>
> I think 'artsd' being defalt installed.
>
> # /usr/bin/artsd stop
[...]
> # /usr/bin/artsd status
[...]

use artsshell (--help) to control artsd. "artsshell status" will tell you if
the server is running, busy (used by some program), and when it will go to
background.

When your soundcard is not capable of mixing in hardware, either make sure no
other program is using the device (fuser /dev/snd/pcmC?D?p; outputs the pids
of programms using any playback device), or configure alsa to use dmix. See
the ML archive how to do this.

> (It also hung here)
>
> Would the running of 'artsd' has influence.  How to
> find out its present status.  TIA
>
> B.R.
> Stephen

Greetings,

Stefan

--
Stefan Brüns  /  Kastanienweg 6 - Zimmer 1206  /  52074 Aachen
mailto:lurch gmx li  http://www.kawo1.rwth-aachen.de/~lurchi/