Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] How to run self-testing of Gnomemeeting]

> I tried as follows but failed.
>
> Start "GnomeMeeting"
> h323: (already in the box)
> h323:h323.voxgratia.org (typed in)
> To onnect (clicking the small icon on the right, next
> to the box)
>
> Warning popup in a separate window:
> Could not open audio channel for audio transmission
>
> An error occured while trying to record from the
> soundcard for the audio transmission. Please check
> that your soundcard is not busy and that your driver
> supports full-duplex.
> The audio transmission has been disabled.

    I had the same problem myself a few days ago. In my case, the
problem was with a number of devices under /dev/snd - things like
pcmC0D0c, etc. I do not know what they are for, but if they are not
world writable and readable, I get the error message you describe when
trying to launch GM as a non-root user.