Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] GM 1.2 gives Contact collision in local addressbook

Hi,

Le vendredi 14 janvier 2005 à 18:24 +0100, Paul Ionescu a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I have some address-book problems.
> I am using GM 1.2 on FC2 compiled without gnome support because I don't
> want to mess with evolution.
> I created a local address book under 'Local Contacts' and added some users
> in it.
> The problem I have is that from the second person I added, I receive the
> following warning which I don't understand, because it is totally
> different person than BLA/00142341243:
>
> Contact collision
> Another contact with similar information already exists in your address
> book:
> Name: BLA
> Speed Dial:
>
> I mention that I only completed the "Name" and the "URL" fields.

Yes, we never advertised the non-GNOME version as having a working
address book. You can provide patches if you want, it is still
"experimental" and I must confess I don't have time to look at that for
now.

Notice that you do not need evolution to use the gnomemeeting address
book.

> I also tested on a FC3 + GM 1.2 full (compiled with gnome), and I noticed
> that if I create another local address book besides "Personal" lets say
> "AB1", I cannot add any contacts to it.

Then you probably have a buggy version of Evolution-Data-Server
installed.