Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] suse 9.1 and GM 1.2

Hi Bernard,

Am Mittwoch, den 12.01.2005, 22:32 +0100 schrieb lambert Bernard:
> I still have my problem GM 1.2 does'nt want to start
>
> I have re installed all gnome gtk packages from offcial suse
>
> i look at the packages given fot Suse 9.1 and see some strange things
>
> evolution-data-server
> gnomemeeting
> howl
> libsoup  are package from  lason Antipariotis OK
> OpenH323 is from Suse and for version 9.1

argh. You must use the version provided on www.gnomemeeting.org to make
sure all of gnomemeeting, pwlib and openh323 are the same version as
used while compilation. Mixing SuSE and gnomemeeting.org packages are
plain a VeryBadIdea(TM).

> BUT .....
>
> pwlib
> pwlib-plugin-dc
> pwlib-plugin-avc
> pwlib-plugin-v4l
> are from Suse and for Suse 8.2 ???

Yes, you are breaking dependencies. The versions you need to use for
pwlib and openh323 are the ones we provide. Not what SuSE has.
GnomeMeeting 1.2 is newer than their version and thus needs newer libs.

> why it is not the official packages from Suse 9.1 or special packages
> make for GM 1.2 by L Antipariotis ?

GM 1.2 was released after 9.1 and even after 9.2. Thus there's no
official GM 1.2.0 in 9.2 AFAIK.

> is that normal and can't explain problemes with Suse ? and GM 1.20
> Of corse I can't install gm 1.2 because pwlib 1.8.3-1 with is needed by
> openh323

Yes, it's needed for a reason. Don't mess with versions if you're given
the right set of rpms from one site.

--
Best regards,
 Kilian