Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] installation problem on Mdk 10.1

Hi Emmanuel,

> OK, the trick (I never used before) is to rpm -ivv all those packages in
> the same command line. Why wouldn't you say it on the web page? Anyway,
> things are compiling quite well!... Thank you very much Damien!

if we'd explain every distributions system administration, we'd not be
gnomemeeting.org but tldp.org. And even they don't get to have every
distro or every package out there explained. Knowing your distribution
is part of what you have to do as system administrator for your box. If
that's beyond your scope, then stick with what the manual does give you
(i.e. what's within YaST for SuSE or *drake for MdK).

> On the other hand, I cannot run GM 1.2 from my user account (only from
> root account, which is not a solution...). The error is "gconf error key
> (I traduce approximetly) gnomemeeting obtained an incorrect value from the
> gconf key : /apps/gnomemeeting/general/gconf_test_age (etc...)"

Try killing gconfd (or gconfd-2) to have it sync with the schemas.
That's a known error in the postinst script of SuSE IIRC. Maybe MdK
suffers from the same problem. (If you don't know how killing a process
works, plain reboot)

--
Best regards,
 Kilian