Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] GM over NAT problems

Le mercredi 05 janvier 2005 à 09:21 +0100, Jan De Luyck a écrit :
> Hello list,
>
> I've got a little problem connecting the audio/video stream with someone.
>
> PC B can receive the video stream of PC A, but not reverse.
>
> Setup is (typical):
>
> PC A <--> | Router A (NAT) | <-- internet --> | Router B (NAT) | <--> PC B
>
> On both ends I got "Symmetric NAT" from the NAT detection in GM.
>
> Router A is set to forward these ranges to PC A:
>
> TCP 30000:30010
> UDP 5000:5016
> TCP 1720
> UDP 5020:5023
>
> Router B is set to forward these ranges to PC B:
> (less ports due to crappy router)
>
> UDP 5000:5003
> TCP 1720
> UDP 5020:5021

There are not enough ports here.

> After these changes GM reported Cone NAT on both ends, STUN is activated.
>
> I'm wondering if this is enough for audio/video communication through GM?

Not with the second port range. But theorically, if you forward the
ports in the FAQ, and enable STUN support, then it will work. If not,
you can also try to disable STUN support and enable IP Translation in
the prefs instead.

Having a look at the output of gnomemeeting -d 3 would help you
determining what's wrong.